Tag Archives: Church Path

Church Path

Road to south of Church Road, opposite parish church. On the west corner is a disused building called La Sport Community Centre. It was originally built around 1937 as the Church Road Welfare Centre.

1953-os-map-church-path-left

1953 OS map

On the west side of the road, leading south from Church Road are two terraces of houses : John’s Place and Maple Terrace.

At the southern end of the road there is a footpath, of the same name, that heads south east towards London Road, where it is a road again, with houses on its north side.

1953 OS map

1953 OS map

W.A. Mitchell & Smith, Ltd.

Maple Terrace
Church Path

Synthetic Resin


Source:
Borough of Mitcham List of Factories,
Town Clerk’s Department,
July 1963.
Available at Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.
Reference L2 (670) MIT

From the Mitcham News & Mercury, March 27th 1936:

Fire at Messrs Mitchell & Smith, resin manufacturers at the ‘Ravenspring Works’, Western Road.