Some notes about the history of Mitcham, Surrey, England.
The booklet by Tom Higgs on the history of cricket at Mitcham was originally published in 1985. By kind permission from the family of the late author, a paperback is now available on Amazon, priced £5.99p
After Amazon takes its sales commission, the remainder will be donated to the Mitcham Cricket Club. Please click the image below to go to the Amazon.co.uk website to order your copy and help support the playing of cricket on the world’s oldest continuously in use cricket ground.
Added : 1923 : Seaton Road Feuds
Updated : Cricketers pub – photo of temporary bar added
Updated : Link to residential conversion planning application added to 55 Upper Green East
Added : 1971 : Locomotors fire-hose laying vehicle
Updated : Locomotors Ltd
Added : Barry-Wehmiller Machinery Co. Ltd.
Added : 79 Commonside East
Added : 1879 : Beating the Bounds
Updated : Photo of road sign added to Renaming of Lower Green East to Cricket Green
Added : Joseph Owen
Updated : Newton House
Added : Commonside West
Updated : Demolition planning application date added to The Swan
Updated : Link to planning application added to Jubilee Clock
Added : Lower Green West Trees and the Mitcham Rake
Added : Mitcham MPs (in the Mitcham constituency)
Updated : Worsfold and Hall Place
Updated : Glebe Villas : photo, maps and occupants addd