So named as it was built at the turn of the 19th to 20th century.
From Council minutes, on 12th October 1899 building approved by Geo. Pitt for a new road called Century Road with 22 cottages.
This road no longer exists and the site now has flats on the Belgrave Walk estate.
Occupants in the 1911 street directory
1,James Thomas PEPPER shopkeeper
9,Mrs M F CHOULER
14,George W CLARE
World War 1 Connections
Lance Sergeant Frederick Parker
Minutes of meetings held by the Croydon Rural District Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.