From the minutes of the
2nd February 1956
The Town Clerk reported that the ceremony to commemorate the completion of the Council’s 2,500th post-war dwelling would take place at Glebe Square on Saturday, 18th February, 1956, at 3 p.m., and that the Chairman had arranged for the Rt. Hon. Hilary Adair Marquand, P.C., M.P., to perform the ceremony.
Source: Proceedings of the Council and committees, Mitcham Borough Council, Volume 22 1955 to 1956, page 635
Minutes of meetings held by the Mitcham Borough Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.