2 Upper Green West
Listed in 1954 and 1971 telephone directories as F.A. Hutton. The 1954 phone number was MIT 1549.
The original shop was hit by a bomb during World War 2. A single storey shop was rebuilt, see 1962 clip below.
The pre-war shop.
In the 1930 commercial directory, Frederick Arthur HUTTON is listed at 1 Upper Green West as butcher, and at no. 2 as fried fish shop, telephone number 1549. Also listed at 5 Abbey Parade, Western Road.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.