It was locally listed in December 1992 by Merton Council who notes:
This is a substantial three storey building, which dates from 1879. The design of the building is fairly typical of a plain mid century commercial property. The materials used include render for the ground floor commercial frontage, with white bricks above and a slate roof. The design of the building does not relate
closely to that of others in the vicinity, thought the unusual use of white bricks is carried on into the neighbouring (contemporaneous) pair of houses at Caxton Cottages. The main features of interest include the tall commercial frontage with the well proportioned squared pilasters, the margined glazing bar style of the timber sash windows above, and the shallow arched lintels above the first floor windows. No subsequent modifications are evident.