Road named possibly after Mrs Taylor, the owner of Crusoe Farm Dairy.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.
E.T. Pearson Ltd., who was at 417-445 London Road, made Lactagol, a powdered extract of cotton seed and calcium, which they described as
a valuable preparation for increasing the supply of milk when taken by the expectant mother
The earliest ad for Lactagol on the British Newspaper Archive found so is from 1915:
The site acquired by Mitcham Borough Council in 1959.