Tag Archives: terraces

Keen’s Terrace

Church Road. Was originally called Allen’s Terrace, but on 20th January 1903, was renamed Keen’s Terrace to avoid confusion with Allen’s Cottages.

Which is odd because the 1901 census shows Keen’s Terrace in Church Road.

At numbers 1 and 2 are William and Sarah Ann Drewett, beer retailers. This is what was later known as the Wheatsheaf.