Varnish and paint manufacturer based at the former Holborn Union Workhouse site in Bond Road/Western Road.
Established in 1853, according to this ad from Grace’s Guide :
Listed in the 1930 commercial directory as
Thomas S. Jackson & Sons Ltd., paint manufacturers, Western Road. Trading as “Woodstains, Mitcham;” Telephone number 2977.
Listed in the 1954 telephone directory as
Thomas S. Jackson & Sons Ltd., varnish and paint manufacturers
132 Weston Road
telephone : MIT 2977
Listed in the 1963 List of Factories as
Blocks ‘C’ and ‘S’
Paint and Varnish
Borough of Mitcham List of Factories,
Town Clerk’s Department,
Available at Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.
Reference L2 (670) MIT