Radio and television shop started by Edward Girdler.
In the 1930 commercial directory, and the 1933 ad shown below, his shop was at 245 London Road, Mitcham, which was part of The Parade, the Edwardian shops between the Fair Green and the telephone exchange.
In the 1952 Chambers of Commerce, the address for Girdlers Radio Ltd is 293 Mitcham Road, Tooting. See the ad on the front cover of the North Mitcham Improvement Association below.Text of ad:
WIRELESS ACCESSORIES Phone Str. 605. VACUUM CLEANERS ON HIRE
REGISTERED ELECTRICAL ENGINEER & CONTRACTOR
231b STREATHAM ROAD, MITCHAM
AND AT 245 LONDON ROAD, MITCHAM
OUR OWN HIRE PURCHASE TERMS ON 18 MONTHS, ANY SET OVER 12 GNS.
PHILIPS 4 VALVE, 2 S.G., ELECTRIC 16 Gns. CASH or 18 monthly payments of 19/7.
This is the electrical age, and an electrical gift is the most useful and acceptable gift. We have in stock countless Shades, Standards. Fittings. Irons, Fires, Radio Sets, etc. at the LOWEST POSSIBLE PRICES.
We shall be pleased to make suggestions and help you in every possible way.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.
any old members still around Jill for one email@example.com