Road off Miles Road that leads to Collingwood and Rodney Roads. Built in 1930, by Mr J. Sands.
According to minutes of the Mitcham Urban Council, the original name suggested for this road was Felix Road, and that for Collingwood Road was San Road. The council suggested to Mr Sands the current names. Source: page 813, volume XV, Highways and Buildings Committee, 6th March 1930.
No houses were built on Blake Road. However it does have a block of four flats, numbered 1 to 4, at 30 Blake Road, CR4 3FB. This is a block between the Lloyds Pharmacy, at 75 to 79 Miles Road, and the terrace of houses in that end at number 69. The ground floor of this block facing Miles Road is number 71 in that road, occupied by a carpet and upholstery cleaning business. The entrance to the flats is in Blake Road.
Minutes of meetings held by the Mitcham Urban District Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.