Road off north east side of Western Road, south of Western Road school. Built around 1929/30 by H. Poulson. The name was approved by the Mitcham Urban District Council as stated in minutes on page 254, volume XV.
The houses are numbered even, from 2 to 48, on the left hand side as seen from Western Road, and odd from 1 to 45 on the right hand side. Postcodes CR4 3EU are for even addresses, and CR4 3EW for odd.
In around 2005/6, garages at the rear of number 45 were demolished, Heyford Road was extended, parallel and to the west of Laings Avenue. A terrace of houses was built, numbered 1 to 9 sequentially, with the address Peppermint Mews, 47 Heyford Road, postcode CR4 3FD.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.
Minutes of meetings held by the Mitcham Urban District Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.