Tag Archives: Romeo Villas

Romeo Villas

A row of 3 detached houses, each split into 2 residences, south of Lime Tree Cottages, on the western side of the London Road, south of Church Path. Opposite where the Baron Grove road is today.

1910-os-map-lime-tree-cottages

1910 OS map

Occupants in the 1911 street directory numbered from north to south:

3,Charles POPKINS
4,William James KENYON
5,William LUNT (market gardener)
6,Richard TICKNER & Son (furniture dealers)

Occupants in the 1896 street directory

1,George Joseph DALE
2,Miss RUTHERFORD
3,Albert Charles KNIGHT
4,Lewis McGREGOR
5,William LUNT (market gardener)
6,John James PERRY


Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.