From the Corporation of Mitcham Minutes & Reports, Volume 10, 1943 to 1944
18th February 1944
pages 181 to 182
Read letter from Lady Robertson suggesting that in order to avoid confusion between Lower Green East and Lower Green West, the former should be renamed “The Cricket Green” a name generally used in respect of this part of Mitcham by a large number of people.
Resolved, That the Council be recommended to agree to this proposal and to rename the highways as suggested by Lady Robertson.
Lady Robertson was the wife of Sir Malcolm Robertson, the MP for Mitcham from 1940 to 1945.
Minutes of meetings held by the Mitcham Borough Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.
Pingback: The Brampton Connection | Mitcham History Notes