Weatherboarded cottage in Tramway Path.
There are two photos of this cottage on the City of London ‘Collage’ collection, both with the year of 1977, so perhaps it was demolished after that.
From the 1911 commercial directory:
Arthur George & Ephraim SIMMONS, florists, Tramway path, Lower Mitcham
The 1915 street directory names the cottage:
Tramway Path, from London Road, Lower Mitcham
George THOMPSON, florist (Station Nursery)
Ephraim SIMMONS, florist (Rose Nursery)
The cottage is shown on this 1953 OS map:
An area in the south ward called Simmons’ Land was recorded in UDC minutes of 1917 as being of 13 acres. This land was used for allotments during the war. From the minutes of the Mitcham Urban District council, volume III, 1917 to 1918, 19th June, 1917, page 52.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.
Minutes of meetings held by the Mitcham Urban District Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.