Road with houses built by Wates Ltd on the site of the Mitcham Stadium, which they bought in 1955.
The road is reached from Eastfields Road by Roper Way, and Sandy Lane by Ormerod Gardens and Priestley Road at each end. Along with Fowler Road, these five roads were collectively called the Laburnum Park Estate.
Houses are on the northerly side only, arranged as three terraces (two of five houses each and one of four), and are numbered sequentially from 1 from the north west end to 14 in the south east end. All have the postcode CR4 2LN.
Possibly named after Guyatt’s Pit, a gravel excavation nearby.