Tag Archives: Dorrett

Manor House

Demolished in 1963, it was on the east side of the London Road, north of Baron Grove. Eric Montague in Mitcham Histories: 4 Lower Mitcham wrote: “Its exterior was predominantly ‘Georgian’ in style … commonly believed to be nearly 300 years old when demolished …”.

clip from Merton Memories, copyright Dorrett & Co., image reference Mit_Buildings_24-3

1953 OS map

Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.