Tag Archives: Parade

Monarch Parade

Built in 1937-8 by F. and M. Real Estates Ltd. who gave it the name Monarch Parade, which was accepted by Mitcham Borough Council on 9th September 1937. Presumably named ‘Monarch’ as George VI was crowned in 1937.

Photo taken sometime in 1980, not long after the exterior walls had been rendered.

view from multi storey car park in St Marks Road, photo taken 12th September 2017

A Tuck postcard first issued in 1950

A Tuck postcard first issued in 1950

1952 OS map

1952 OS map

Photos from Merton Memories



No. 38 Mitcham Model Laundry
No. 69 The Barber Shop.
72 Percy Mayhew
73 Davant Ltd
76 Express Dairy

Minutes of meetings held by the Mitcham Borough Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.

Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.