Built in 1937-8 by F. and M. Real Estates Ltd. who gave it the name Monarch Parade, which was accepted by Mitcham Borough Council on 9th September 1937. Presumably named ‘Monarch’ as George VI was crowned in 1937.
Photos from Merton Memories
Minutes of meetings held by the Mitcham Borough Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.