Road off of Colliers Wood High Street that was part of the Mitcham Urban District. Possibly named after the nearby Byegrove House, as shown in this 1865 OS map.
This 1895 OS map shows houses only on the south side of the road.
The OS map of 1911 shows houses have since been built on its north side.
Note also that on the left is Bailey Road, which no longer exists.
From the 1911 street directory, as described from the High Street:
3A, William MASON shopkeeper
………Here is Bailey road………
1 George WATKINS, beer retailer
…… here is public footpath to Wandsworth ……
Croydon Rural District Council Sewage Works
(Henry James SNOOK, farm manager; John Alfred SUTTON, engineer)
…… here is Denison road
Occupants in the 1925 street directory
6,Walter Edward TRIGGS
16a,William Charles STEWART
20,Frederick Joseph DENNIS
20a,William Isaac FAIR
24a,Henry Samuel HALL
30,Gordon James SCRUBY
32,Herbert Charles LEVISH
36,H. Sermon KNIGHTBRIDGE
36a,Alfred John SIMONS
38,Frederick William KING
40a,George Arthur WEBB
46,Arthur George CLARKE
54,Alfred Edward RISK
54a,Percy Harold SMITH
56,Edwin Charles WALLER
…. here is Denison rd
3a, N. SIMS,shopkeeper
…. here is Bailey Road
1,A.E. HELLEWELL ,beer retailer
5,Ernest Edward ROFFEY
9,Edward James SPICE
…. here is public footpath to Wandsworth
Wandle ValleySewage Works
(Jolm Alfred Sutton, engnr)
The 1950 OS map shows the house numbering. Note 3A on the corner with Bailey Road, and that the north side are all even.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.