Bailey Road no longer exists. It was off the south side of Byegrove Road.
It is shown on this 1950 OS map, with houses numbered odd on the south side, and even on the north. Just south off this map is the cork factory of Walter Mays Ltd.
Occupants in the 1925 street directory
6,William Edwin LANG
8,George Herbert PORTER
14,James Frederick SKELTON
18,Frederick Samuel BATHO
1,Henry George THORPE
5,William Frederick BAKER
7,Mrs. A WARWICK
15,James George HUGGETT
Bailey Road is shown on this 1895 OS map:
However in the 1891 electoral register, a terrace called Bayley Cottages is shown as in Byegrove Road.
Other entries in the 1891 electoral register Listed as Bayley Cottages, Byegrove Road:
2, Charles BAKER
3, John LUFFMAN
7, William PHIPPS
Note the Henry LUFFMAN in the 1925 street directory.
The Merton Historical Society have a photo from Eric Montague’s slide collection of the terrace of houses north of Bailey Road. The photo was taken in 1973 looking south. It shows the blocks of flats where Bailey Road was. It can be found on the Colliers Wood collection of photos, related to his book on Colliers Wood in the Mitcham Histories series.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.