Croydon Guardian and Surrey County Gazette – Saturday 19 March 1910
FIRE HYDRANTS FOR MITCHAM.
A letter was read the Clerk from the Mitcham Parish Council asking the Rural District Council to raise the necessary money for the supply and fixing 100 fire hydrants in the parish of Mitcham. The Clerk stated that the last time the Council pur chased such hydrants, 86 of them cost £690. It resolved to accede to the request, the Clerk adding that the money would be raised by loan and charged on the revenue of Mitcham.
From the minutes of the Mitcham Parish Council
Volume 11 April 1913 to March 1914
Report of the No. 1 Fire Brigade Committee
24th June, 1913
The Superintendent’s Reports were read:
June 11th … Hydrant Inspection … 7s. 0d.
The Superintendent submitted the following statement as to the result of testing of the pressure and flow at various hydrants.
TEST OF WATER MAINS ON June 16th, 1913
|Position of Hydrant||Static pressure in lbs. per. sq. inch.||Quantity in gals. per minute|
|Graham Road (Figgs Marsh end)||60||330|
|Hancock and Corfields||32||105|
|Frinton Road Links Estate||32||315|
|Western Road Schools||34||340|
The above tests were taken between 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock in the evening. Yours obediently, A. L. JENNER, Superintendent.
Minutes of meetings held by the Mitcham Parish Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.