Road south of the river Graveney, hence in the Urban District of Mitcham.
The owner of the land was Sir Charles Seely, after whom the road is named. He leased the area to the Tooting Bec Golf Club. When developed for housing, the area became known as the Links Estate, links referring to golf links.
From the minutes of the Croydon Rural District council
Volume XII 1906 to 1907
Highways and New Streets and Buildings
20th October 1906
Application no. 4095 by Eastman Bros. for 42 houses, Seely Road, Links Estate
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.
Minutes of meetings held by the Croydon Rural District Council are available on request from the Merton Heritage and Local Studies Centre at Morden Library.