Hairdressers that was at 186 Streatham Road.
In this ad in The Blackshirt’, a newspaper from the British Union of Fascists, half a crown (2s. 6d.) was offered to be paid into district funds if a woman customer had a permanent wave of a guinea (21 shillings).
ad from 29th November 1935 issue of The Blackshirt
Family hairdressers, run by Tom and Lily SHAW, that was at 239 London Road, opposite Raleigh Gardens, from 1952 to 1977.
Percy Mayhew had moved from this address to Monarch Parade in around 1947.
The shop became Toulla’s Hairdressers in 1977/8. In 2016, the shop became occupied by Simply Bright, dentists.
Text of ad:
for the Family
T. J. SHAW
Ladies’, Gents’ and Children’s
LATE APPOINTMENTS WHEN NECESSARY
HOMES VISITED IN CASES OF SICKNESS
A fully qualified staff just waiting to give
239 LONDON ROAD, MITCHAM
Telephone: MITcham 1384
This entry was posted in
Roads, Shops and tagged 1947, 1955, 1977, barber, hairdresser, London Road, Monarch Parade, Percy Mayhew, The Parade on . February 11, 2020