The Kings Arms pub, currently number 260 London Road, was rebuilt around 1900 in the ‘Tudor’ style. Number 258, was part of the pub and this clip from 1910 shows the sign “King’s Arms” on its north gable. This view is now obscured by the building numbered 256 and 254. It isn’t known when it became a separate shop.
In the 1930 commercial directory, the name is given as Thomas George Brown:
Brown Thos. Geo. florist, 258 London rd. T N 3983
This photograph, taken 29th June 2018, shows it being used as a cafe:
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.