No longer exists. The Sadler Close housing estate was built over it, the name being kept for one of the blocks, Gladstone House.
The Mission Hall seen in the map of 1952 was opened in 1939, see Merton Memories.
From Croydon Rural District Authority Minutes read in the Local Studies Centre at Croydon library, the following plans were approved:
– Mr JM Pitt of Mitcham to erect four houses Gladstone Road, Mitcham
Occupants in the 1896 street directory
From Western Road to Sibthorp Road
NORTH WEST SIDE
7,Edward Gray ARTHUR
10,John Thomas NIGHTINGALE
5,Edmund BALL (coal dealer)
SOUTH EAST SIDE
Salvation Army Barracks
World War 1 Connections
Private William Richard Angliss
Youth Club details in 1949 Youth Handbook.
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.