Road named possibly after the Robinson Crusoe story. Crusoe Dairy Farm was named by its owner on the possible residence of nearby Tooting Hall by Daniel Defoe, author of Robinson Crusoe.
Builder Taylor & Kensett had building plans approved in 1903 for 12 houses, and in 1904 for 16 houses.
G. F. Hedges had building plans approved in 1904 for 13 villas.
In 1921 number 52 was damaged by fire. Minutes of the Urban District Council show that the tenant was Mr F. HAWTHORN, and the landlord was Osmasten Ltd of Barnes.
World War 1 Connections
Sapper William Charles Crisp
Maps are reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.