Road that runs south-eastwards from junctions with Streatham Road and London Road, twoards Eastfields Road. It was named after Lock’s Farm, at the Figges Marsh end, according to J.D. Drewett, in his ‘Memories of Old Mitcham’.
In this OS map from 1893, the part now called Eastfields Road is shown as Tamworth Lane:
The 1952 OS map shows the marzipan factory of John F. Renshaw & Co., Ltd.
References in Newspapers
World War 1 Connections
Private William Henry Tricker