In the 1930 commercial directory, a branch was listed at 5 London Road, telephone number Streatham 2170, manager W. H. Bayford.
The branch at 241 London Road opened on 1st July, 1950, as shown in this announcement:
Norwood News – Friday 30 June 1950 Image © Trinity Mirror. Image created courtesy of THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD.
clip from c. 1987 photo Mit_8_1-29 on Merton Memories, copyright London Borough of Merton
As part of HSBC, this branch closed in 2015/6.
In March 2018 a halal butchers opened at this address.
1A Cricket Green, Mitcham, CR4 4LB.
Office block built after the London Borough of Merton sold Mitcham Court and surrounding land to Alfred McAlpine Homes in 1985.
Redeveloped as a block of flats after it was sold for £3,085,000 plus £617,000 VAT to Java Asset Management (Co. No. 06181412) of Chesham House, 55 South Street, Epsom KT18 7PX on 16th March 2015, financed by Titlestone Property Lending Limited (Co. No. 08144104) of 40 Gracechurch Street, London EC3V 0BT. Source: Land Registry title SGL458390. A Royal Mail postcode search shows 30 flats.
before conversion to flats
Planning application 16/P0080 was refused for extension to roof to provide 6 residential units (2 x 1 bed and 4 x 2 bed) and alterations to external elevations
Of the 23 flats already sold, 15 were to buyers in Hong Kong, 1 in Shanghai China, 1 in France, 1 in Italy, 1 in Japan and 4 in the UK. Source: Land Registry title obtained December 2016.